When it comes to quick-service restaurant (QSR) franchises, the Bojangles brand has been able to build a longstanding reputation in the industry, thanks to Bojangles’ Famous Chicken ‘n Biscuits. Much of this is because Bojangles’ identity has been built upon an authentic approach to creating the ideal Southern chicken franchise – both in terms of our food and customer service. Since opening our first store in 1977, Bojangles has leveraged the delicious taste of our menu items and Southern hospitality of our staff to win over customers.
Consumer appreciation for the offerings at their nearest Bojangles restaurant has contributed to our brand’s steady growth. Our presence in an increasing number of select territories is also a testament to the partnerships we have created and continue to foster with our franchisees. As of 2023, Bojangles has more than 500 franchise locations which provide delicious meals to satisfied customers daily. In fact, as a demonstration of the faith that our franchisees have in Bojangles, 93% of our franchised restaurants are owned by multi-unit franchisees.
What Took Bojangles Chicken Franchise This Far?
Bojangles originated as a chicken franchise concept created by our founders, Jack Fulk and Richard Thomas, in Charlotte, North Carolina. Their vision for Bojangles was to create a Southern-Style QSR chain that was built on the following ideals:
- Tasty food made from scratch with high-quality ingredients
- Unique flavors that fit within the profile of Real Deal Southern Flavor
- An excellent customer experience based on restaurant design, environment, and service
Making these ideals a priority with each new Bojangles store that opened further helped us climb the ranks of the chicken QSR industry. Our brand’s commitment to delivering the best food possible is evident in each of our menu items. This starts with our incredible Southern-Style chicken, which packs authentic, bold Southern flavor in every bite. Next, our made-from-scratch biscuits, which takes 49 steps to prepare correctly, have been loved by customers as the perfect breakfast item. Attention to fresh, hand-prepared food helps Bojangles’ restaurants stand out. Every Bojangles employee takes great care of every meal we prepare. As a result, Bojangles is a favorite breakfast destination for many customers.
The Bojangles menu affirms our commitment to Southern cooking as customers can also order delicious, wholesome sides – in true Southern Style, we call them fixins – and Legendary Sweet Iced Tea to pair with Bojangles’ Famous Chicken ‘n Biscuits. With each Bojangles meal that consumers have enjoyed over the years, their love for our food has grown.
The Bojangles Difference Helps our Franchisees
At Bojangles, we’ve worked tirelessly to ensure our locations meet the standards of our brand and what customers expect of us. The following below are just some examples of how we enable Bojangles franchisees to do this on a daily basis:
- Maintaining food quality: All food made at Bojangles is prepared from scratch. There are no microwaves in our kitchens.
- Building competitive differentiators: That fresh, made-from-scratch food is what sets Bojangles apart. The fast-food industry is highly competitive, with numerous established chains and independent restaurants vying for customers. Brands must continuously find ways to differentiate themselves, adapt to changing consumer preferences, and compete effectively in their local market. Bojangles is built upon our franchisees’ ability to offer a unique taste and dining experience to customers. Our Real Deal Southern Flavor applies to everything in our stores, from the food to the service.
- Meeting customer expectations: Today’s customers have increasingly high expectations regarding their restaurant experience and getting their food when, where and how they want it. Bojangles brings a full suite of digital ordering along with high operating standards.
- Creating effective marketing campaigns: Building and maintaining a strong brand image is essential in the restaurant industry. Bojangles’ presence as an already recognized name among QSRs provides a valuable boost to winning over customers who have been eagerly waiting for a new Bojangles location to open in their area.
Every Bojangles franchisee benefits from the Bojangles difference that is built on the strength of our delicious Southern-Style menu and hospitality.
Curious to see if a Bojangles franchise is the right fit for you? Contact our team, and we can discuss it together!